rekordbox [Windows] Free to download
To download this software, you first need to agree to the Software End User License Agreement.
Note: In rekordbox (ver. 6.0 or later), you don't need to use "rekordbox dj license key card" that came with your DJ equipment. For details, see here.
Software License Agreement
This software license agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”), which applies between the Customer and AlphaTheta Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), defines items related to the use of the DJ equipment software (hereinafter referred to as the “Software”) and to the documented materials supporting the use of the Software (hereinafter referred to as the “Documents”).
Before installing or using the Software, please be sure to read the following provisions carefully. When the Customer starts using the Software, they are assumed to have agreed to the Agreement. If the Customer does not agree to the Agreement, they should not install and use the Software.
Under the conditions of the Agreement, the Customer may install and use the Software on a personal computer (hereinafter referred to as the “PC”) or mobile device.
For paid-plan customers, there are the following restrictions on the number of activatable devices:
Core plan: Two (2) devices
Creative plan: Four (4) devices
Professional plan: Eight (8) devices
(Software copyright, etc.)
The copyright and any other intellectual property rights of the Software are attributed to the Company or its affiliates. The Software is protected by the provisions of the Copyright Act and international treaties.
The Company grants the Customer a non-transferable (including sub-licensing), non-exclusive right under the conditions of the Agreement. The Customer may use the Documents to use the Software and make a copy of the Software as a backup (only for the purpose of restoration of the Software).
It is prohibited to copy the Software or Documents unless the Agreement explicitly allows doing so. The Customer may transfer the Software. (If the Software is transferred, the related license shall also be transferred without any procedure.) However, the Customer may not sub-license, rent, lease, or lend the Software. The Customer may not use the Software for the purpose of training third parties or for profit-oriented time-sharing services. The Customer or any third party shall not conduct any act for modification, reverse engineering, reverse assembly, or reverse compilation of the Software, exceeding the limitation allowed by applicable laws and regulations, without written notice of the purpose of the activities.
(About use of lyrics)
Lyrics may be used only for personal, non-profit purposes under the conditions of the Agreement. The Customer may not use part or all of any provided lyrics directly or indirectly for publication, transmission, distribution, general publication, lending and borrowing, or mending or for creation, sale, or sale-related activities of derivative works whatever the reason may be, except for cases where personal use is allowed. The Customer shall agree that the copyright of lyrics for so-called “karaoke” or “sing-along” is not granted to the Customer and may not extract or try to extract any audio data from audio sources related to provided music pieces. The Customer shall agree that they will not transfer, devolve, or send any lyrics to third parties. The Customer shall agree that they will not conduct or try to conduct any act of nullifying, eluding, or bypassing any effort of protecting lyrics from any illegal usage.
The Customer shall agree that the prescription of this provision applies to the use of lyrics, except for cases where specific permission is given.
(About rekordbox Cloud Unlimited powered by Dropbox)
1． Start of use
To use rekordbox Cloud Unlimited powered by Dropbox (hereinafter referred to as the “Cloud Service”), the Customer needs to make an application separately according to the procedure described at https://rekordbox.com/en/cloud-unlimited-setup-guide/.
To use the Cloud Service, the Customer shall comply with the terms and other conditions shown at www.dropbox.com/terms.
(1) The Cloud Service is a service that provides the Customer the Dropbox storage that the Company is authorized to administer. It is prohibited to conduct acts that disturb other customers, such as occupying the capacity. As the administrator, the Company may use, save, or access the Customer’s files to provide the service or exercise the Agreement, and the Customer shall grant the Company the permission for these acts. The Company has the right to investigate the Customer’s activities and contents in order to check compliance with the Agreement, etc. The Company does not take any responsibility for contents posted or shared by users of the Cloud Service.
(2) The purpose of the Cloud Service is to provide storage for materials required for the Customer’s own DJ activities. The Customer is prohibited from letting any third party use their account of the Cloud Service (hereinafter referred to as a “Cloud Service Account”).
(3) If it is found that the Customer violates the Agreement (including, but not limited to “prohibition of violation of third-party copyright”), uses a Cloud Service Account without permission, or violates any of the various Dropbox terms, use of the service may be declined thereafter.
4． Stop of use of the service
The Customer may stop using the Cloud Service anytime. The Company does not take any responsibility for data uploaded by the Customer to Dropbox. The Customer is asked to confirm the various Dropbox terms at www.dropbox.com/terms and take necessary measures themselves.
(1) The service may be terminated without notice due to the termination of the Company’s contract with Dropbox.
(2) The provision of the service may be suspended due to a Dropbox system reason.
(3) The support service contact for inquiries about the use of the Cloud Service is as follows:
The Customer is asked to understand that third-party services are not under the Company’s control. The Company does not take any responsibility for the use of third-party services.
All of the patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property rights, titles, and interests on the Software, Documents, and any derivatively created product are attributed to the Company or its licensors. No rights that exceed the limitations set in the Agreement are licensed, either explicitly or implicitly, to the Customer.
(Prohibition of violation of third-party copyright)
The Customer shall comply with the copyright law of each country and the provisions of international treaties when using the Software. The Customer shall use only legally obtained music data when using the Software. The Customer is prohibited from conducting any act of eluding digital rights management (DRM), even for legally obtained music data. The Customer shall not use the Software to make a copy of music data beyond the scope of private use or transfer such a copy to any third party. The Customer shall not share the recording media and cloud storage where their music data is stored with third parties or use them for the purpose of sharing with third parties. The Customer is prohibited from conducting any act of storage in recording media and cloud storage available to third parties or act of live streaming.
(Disclaimer of guarantee and technical support)
The Software, all the accompanying Documents, etc. are provided only “as is”. The Company neither guarantees the Customer and third parties the merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of others’ rights, or any other matters of the products above, nor does it guarantee to provide technical support or the like for them. Mandatory provisions of some countries or regions may not allow this disclaimer of guarantee. In that case, the disclaimer of guarantee may not be applicable. The rights of the Customer may differ according to countries or regions.
(Compliance with export control laws and regulations)
The Customer may not use, export, or re-export the Software unless doing so is allowed by the laws and regulations of the U.S. and those of the country where they obtain the Software. The Customer may not export or re-export the Software to any of the following parties:
(a) US embargo countries
(b) Anyone on the U.S. Department of the Treasury Specially Designated Nationals List and anyone on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List
By means of using the Software, the Customer shall declare and guarantee that they do not reside in a country falling under (a) above nor are they listed on the lists in (b) above. The Customer shall be assumed to have agreed not to use the Software for any purpose prohibited by U.S. laws and regulations (including, but not limited to, for the purpose of nuclear weapons, missiles, chemical weapons, or bacteriological weapons).
(Remedy for violation and compensation for damage)
If the Customer violates any provision of the Agreement, they will understand and agree that the violation causes the Company to incur unrecoverable damage greater than pecuniary damage. The Customer will agree that the Company has the right to claim for suspension, in addition to damages and other available remedies, to prevent actual and continuous violations of the Agreement.
If the Customer violates any provision of the Agreement, the Company may terminate the Agreement, anytime whatever the reason may be. If the Company terminates the Agreement with the Customer, they must stop using the Software, dispose of the copy of the Software and all the Documents from their PCs and mobile devices where the Software is installed, and notify the Company thereof via a written report. Even after the termination of the Agreement, the restrictions, ownership, disclaimer of guarantee and technical support, compliance with export control laws and regulations, prohibition of violation of third-party copyright, remedy for violation and compensation for damage, termination, limitation of liability, and effect of applicable laws shall remain effective.
(Limitation of liability)
With respect to any damage to the Customer resulting from the use or inability of use of the Software and any accompanying material or service (including, but not limited to, profit loss, business interruption, information loss and damage, and damage due to compensation for damage based on a copyright violation or the like), even when the Company (including its subsidiaries and affiliates; the same applies to the following) is notified that such damage may occur, the maximum amount of damages that the Company may incur shall be equivalent to the payment made by the Customer to purchase the Software (or the annual fee paid by the Customer for the subscription service covering the provision of the Software if they obtained the Software on a subscription service basis) unless it is found that there is the Company’s deliberate intention or gross negligence. Mandatory provisions of some countries or regions may not allow this limitation of liability. In that case, the limitation of liability may not be applicable. The disclaimer of guarantee and limitation of liability are basic elements of the arrangements between the Customer and the Company.
The Agreement shall comply with Japanese laws and regulations and be interpreted based on them. The Agreement contains all the arrangements between the Customer and the Company for the use of the Software and applies in priority to any prior agreement on this matter (regardless of whether it is an oral or written agreement). In case of dispute related to the Agreement, the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive court of jurisdiction in the first instance.
ver. 6.5.3 (2021.08.24)
- New subscription plan, the Professional plan, is now available.
- Supports rekordbox Cloud Unlimited powered by Dropbox that allows you to upload unlimited music files to the cloud storage.
- Supports Collection Auto Upload that allows you to automatically upload music files in your Collection to the cloud storage.
- Supports Device library backup that allows you to backup your data exported on USB storage devices to your computer or the cloud storage so that you can recover it at any time if the device is lost.
- Added PING PONG and HELIX to Beat FX.
- The ESC key is now enabled to clear the Search filter.
- Vocal position now shows on a PC/Mac that doesn’t support AVX, only for tracks that have been analyzed on a PC/Mac that does support AVX.
- Sound Color FX knobs for the Sampler and Master are now always displayed on the screen.
- Added the following long-awaited features to MIDI LEARN:
- CFX Select Next/Back (only in the CFX USER mode of the Sound Color FX single mode)
- CFX On
- Browse Up/Down
- Video Load Deck 1/2
- FX Select Back
- Occasionally downloaded tracks may not be displayed in the Promo Locker in the browse tree when Inflyte tracks are set to be downloaded to USB storage devices.
- The [AUTO/TAP] button would not light up properly when switching to Auto or Tap mode on controllers equipped with the [AUTO/TAP] button for Beat FX.
- Occasionally changes to the Auto Gain settings may not be saved.
- Occasionally the track analysis data may not be synchronized when using Cloud Library Sync.
- Potential freeze when importing Histories from a device.
- Occasionally the Sound Color FX user settings that has been set when a controller was connected was unexpectedly changed when rekordbox is started.
- Improved stability and fixes for other minor issues.
Windows 10 (The latest service pack)
macOS Big Sur 11 (Updated to the latest version)
macOS Catalina 10.15 (Updated to the latest version)
macOS Mojave 10.14 (Updated to the latest version)
*macOS Bir Sur only supports operations on versions later than 11.2.
Intel® Core™i9, i7, i5, i3
Intel® Core™i9, i7, i5 (Video function)
AMD Ryzen™ 1000 series or later CPU
Apple M1 chip (Vocal Position Detection is not available)
To use Vocal Position Detection, you'll need an AVX compatible CPU.
Please read if you are considering buying a Windows 10 PC with an Intel 11th generation processor.
4GB or more of RAM
8GB or more of RAM (Video function)
2GB or more of free space (not including space for storing music files, etc.)
Audio output to speakers, headphones, etc. (internal or external audio device)
A USB 2.0 port is used to connect a controller or a mixer, and export track files to a USB storage device such as a flash drive and a hard disk drive
An Ethernet LAN adapter (RJ45 port) for communicating with the DJ player is required to transfer music files to a Pioneer DJ player (i.e. CDJ-TOUR1, CDJ-2000NXS). For details, check the operating instructions of the Pioneer product, etc.
Playable music file
ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF MP3, AAC
1280 × 768 or greater
An internet connection is needed to create a rekordbox user account and to download and activate the software.